Cherry Oat Party Cookies
|Shortening||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sifted flour||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Quick cooking oats||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Candied cherries||18 , quartered|
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Blend shortening and sugar together until light and creamy.
3. Put salt, vanilla and eggs to the mixture and blend well.
4. Add nuts and continue stirring.
5. Sieve flour and soda together and put the mixture into the creamed mixture.
6. Blend the mixture well.
7. Stir in oats.
8. Shape the dough into balls of 1 inch.
9. Take greased baking sheets; place the balls on it at the distance of 2 inch.
10. Place a candied cherry on the top of every ball.
11. Bake the balls for 12- 15 minutes.
12. Allow to cool when done.
13. Serve in a dish.