In this video, Betty demonstrates how to make her Cheery Cherries Jubilee. This is a flamed dessert that is showy and delicious!
Frozen sweet cherries
1 Pound, thawed
Grated orange rind
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (1/4-1/2)
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
Vanilla ice cream
250 Gram (as needed)
1. In a medium-sized saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch, and orange rind.
2. Pour orange juice and water. Stir well. Place the pan on medium flame and bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
3. Add thawed cherries, reduce heat to low, and simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
4. Pour brandy over the entire surface of the hot cherry sauce. Ignite with a butane lighter or long fireplace match. Stir until flames die down.
5. Serve immediately over scoops of vanilla ice cream.
If you know someone who just loves to eat cherries, then they will surely lap up this delicious cherry dessert too. Read in just 30 minutes, Betty's cheery cherry jubilee is a great after-work dessert. Delicious and perfect for just any occasion, this seasonal summer dessert can be put together with simple efforts and a handful of ingredients. Stream the video recipe to learn all about it.