|Black cherry conserve/Jam||6 Ounce (175 Gram)|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Red wine||1⁄4 Pint (150 Milliliter)|
|Salted potato crisp||2 1⁄2 Ounce (70 Gram)|
1. Heat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4.
2. Pat the duckling portions dry with absorbent paper. Prick the skin with a fork and sprinkle with salt.
3. Place the duckling, skin side up, on a rack in a shallow roasting tin. Roast in the oven for about 1 1/4 hours or until tender and cooked through (the juices run clear when the flesh is pierced with a skewer).
4. During the last 15 minutes cooking, spread the potato crisps for the garnish on a baking sheet. Heat through in the oven with the duckling.
5. Meanwhile, make the sauce: place the cherry conserve in a heavy saucepan. Stir in the cinnamon and red wine, then bring to the boil, stirring. Lower the heat and simmer gently for about 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
6. Arrange the duckling on a warmed serving dish and garnish with the hot potato crisps and watercress, if liked. Serve at once, with the cherry sauce poured over or handed separately.
Calories 995 Calories from Fat 451
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 50 g76.9%
Saturated Fat 13.2 g66.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 616.1 mg205.4%
Sodium 477.4 mg19.9%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.35 g1.4%
Sugars 0 g
Protein 111 g222.7%
Vitamin A 0.02% Vitamin C 21.2%
Calcium 3.9% Iron 82.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet