Cherry Gelatin Mold
|Canned black cherries||2 Cup (32 tbs), seeded|
|Plain unflavored gelatin||1 Tablespoon|
|Cherry juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (cold)|
|Hot liquid||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs) (cherry juice or canned pineapple juice)|
|Cream cheese||6 Ounce (2 packages, 3-ounce each)|
|Pineapple juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Chill a 1 1/2-quart mold in the refrigerator until the gelatin mixture is ready. Then rinse it with cold water but do not dry it.
2. Soften the gelatin in the cold cherry juice; then stir it into the hot liquid to dissolve. Chill.
3. When the mixture begins to set, add the seeded cherries and salt. Pour into the rinsed mold.
4. Chill until firm 1 hour or longer. Unmold in a ring of water cress.
5. Soften the cream cheese with pineapple juice, to the consistency of whipped cream.