Dark Rimmed Cherry Rounds
|Refrigerated sugar cookies roll||1 (slice 'n' bake)|
|Glaced cherries||2 Tablespoon|
Make any time up to 2 weeks ahead:
1. Cut roll of dough in half. Roll one half into a 10-inch rope; refrigerate. Into other half work cocoa evenly; then, on lightly-floured surface, roll into 10-by-8-inch rectangle.
2. Lay 10-inch rope across long end of rectangle; roll up, jelly-roll fashion. Pat firmly; wrap in foil; refrigerate overnight.
1. Start heating oven to 375Â°F.
2. Unwrap, then cut dough crosswise into 24 equal slices. Place, about 2 inches apart, on ungreased cookie sheets. Press half a glaced cherry on each cookie.
3. Bake 8 to 10 minutes.
4. Cool on cookie sheets 5 minutes; remove to wire racks. Store in tightly-covered container. Makes 2 dozen.