Tyler Florence is a celebrity chef and television host. He has appeared as a host and presenter on various Food Network shoes.
Personal Life of Chef Florence
Tyler Florence was born on March 3 1971. In 1991 he graduated in Culinary Arts from the College of Culinary Arts in Charleston, South Carolina. He also received a doctorate in Culinary Arts from the same university. He has a daughter Dorothy Tyler and son Hayden from his wife Tolan Clark. The couple shifted base from NY to Mill Valley where they opened a kitchen retail store. Florence also has a son, Miles from his first wife, Christie Leer.
Chef Tyler Florence - Television Shows
Florence has featured in a number of shows, the most popular being "Food 911" and "How To Boil Water".
- He hosted the much acclaimed "Tyler's Ultimate" on 'Food Network".
- He appeared in the reality show "Momma's Boys" and featured on ABC TV show "Big Challenge" which premiered on July 2007.
- He was guest on the Oprah Winfrey Show
- Appeared several times on "Today Show"
- Featured on "The View" in July 2008
- Co hosted a celebrity chef cooking show to benefit AfterSchool Alliance, an institution that supports good afterschool programs.
Achievements of Chef Tyler Florence
- Florence serves on the board of the national nonprofit Afterschool Alliance, which is an organization working to support and promote quality after-school programs.
- Florence was named the Dean of Culinary Education at COPIA in 2008
Restaurants of Chef Florence
- He opened a mini-chain of luxury kitchen supply stores in Northern California and developed three new restaurant concepts for the area:
- Rotisserie & Wine, a fast food restaurant in the downtown Napa region, California
- Wayfare Tavern in downtown San Francisco (formerly, Rubicon restaurant)
- El Paseo in downtown Mill Valley, California, an American tavern featuring ingredients from Marin County.
- Stirring the Pot, 2008
- Tyler's Ultimate: Brilliant Simple Food to Make Any Time, 2006
- Eat This Book: Cooking With Global Fresh Flavors, 2005
- Real Kitchen, 2003
- Family Meal, 2010
- Dinner at My Place, 2008