Gavin Kaysen is an Executive American chef, born in 1979 in Thousand Oaks, California. Kaysen has made many appearances on Television and received many awards and recognition for his work in the culinary world. He has a keen sense of flavor combining it with contemporary plating aesthetics.
Chef Gavin Kaysen’s Professional Life
Kaysen initially used to work in Bloomington, MN at subway and while he was working there, he realized that his perfect career is in becoming a chef. He graduated from the New England Culinary Institute. After finishing with the graduation, Kaysen worked in many kitchens like Rancho Bernardo Inn in San Diego, I’Auberge de Lavaux in Lausanne, Switzerland. After his initial travel, he went to London and worked with Marco Pierre White at L’Escargot. He was given a job offer by the French chef and restaurateur Daniel Boulud’s restaurant, called Café Boulud. Prior to this, a kitchen in El Bizcocho, San Diego was headed by Gavin.
Noteworthy Works of Chef Gavin Kaysen
- He was awarded Best Chef Award by the San Diego Magazine
- He was awarded with the title, “Chef of the Year” by San Diego Rivera Magazine
- In 2007, he was recognized as one of the top 10 Best New Chefs by the Food and Wine magazine
- In 2008, Gavin was awarded James Beard Foundation Award for rising star chef of the year.
- Gavin has appeared in “The Next Iron Chef” and “Iron Chef America” in 2007 and 2009 respectively
- He appeared in Top Chef in the season 6 as a guest judge.
Gavin Kaysen is working as a chef in Café Boulud New York.