1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. For the crust: In a bowl, add and combine the graham crumbs with butter. Mix until well combined and softened.
3. Take a 9 inch spring form pan, add the crust ingredients and press it down firmly and on the sides. Set it aside.
4. For the cheesecake: In an electric mixer, add the cream cheese and beat it until creamy. Add sugar and beat until smooth.
5. Stir in the eggs one at a time and continue beating until combined. Add vanilla extract and beat again.
6. Take the spring form pan with the crust and add the above cream cheese mixture evenly onto the crust.
7. Bake the cheesecake in the preheated oven at 350 degrees F for 60 minutes or until a knife inserted comes out clean. Once done remove the cake pan and cool it down completely before refrigerating it for 3 hours.
8. Serve the cheesecake chilled and topped with cherry pie filling.