New York Cheesecake Part One
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), softened|
|Packed brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cream cheese||8 Ounce, softened|
|Granulated sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dairy sour cream||16 Ounce|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
• In a large mixing bowl beat butter on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add brown sugar. Beat until fluffy. Add one of the eggs; beat well.
• Slowly beat in the 1-1/4 cups flour until combined. Divide dough in half. Cover and refrigerate one portion.
• Spread remaining portion onto the bottom of an un-greased 10-inch springform pan with sides removed. Place on baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes. Let cool completely.
• When bottom crust has cooled, attach sides of pan. Press chilled dough onto sides to a height of about 1-3/4 inches. Set aside.
• Increase oven temperature to 450 degree F.
• In a large mixing bowl beat cream cheese and the 1-1/4 cups granulated sugar until fluffy. Beat in the 1/4 cup flour at low speed until smooth. Add the remaining 3 eggs and 3 teaspoons of the vanilla all at once, beating at low speed until just combined. Stir in 1/2 cup of the sour cream (Crème fraîche).
• Pour batter into the crust-lined pan. Place on a shallow baking pan in oven.
• Bake for 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 300 degree F. Bake for 30 minutes more or until center appears nearly set when gently shaken. Remove from oven.
• Stir together remaining sour cream, the 1/4 cup granulated sugar (superfine sugar), and the remaining 1 teaspoon vanilla.
• Using a spoon, spread mixture evenly over top of baked cheesecake. Return to oven and bake for 15 minutes more.
• Remove from oven. Cool on wire rack for 15 minutes. Loosen crust from sides of pan. Cool for 30 minutes more. Remove sides of pan; cool completely.
• Cover and chill at least 4 hours or overnight. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before slicing.
This recipe will give you about 16 servings. Enjoy!
For more information please visit: http://BakeItTilYouMakeIt.com