Strawberry, Blueberry And Caramel Cheesecake
|For the cheesecake|
|Oreo cookies||340 Gram (similar dark sandwich biscuit)|
|Cream cheese||600 Gram|
|Caster sugar||150 Gram|
|For the topping|
|Salted butter||25 Gram|
|Whipping cream||100 Milliliter|
1. Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees C.
2. Separate the Oreo cookies in halves and scrape off the white cream filling. Discard it and crush the cookie halves into a fine crumb.
3. In a small pan or microwave, melt the butter.
4. Pour the butter in the crumbs. Mix well.
5. In a 20 cm removable bottom cake tin, press the crumbs firmly to the base. Use a flat bottomed glass to ensure that it is well packed.
6. Place the tin in the pre heated oven and bake for 10 minutes to set the base.
7. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the cream cheese, eggs and flour.
8. Add in the sugar and the cream and continue to whisk for 2 minutes.
9. In a smaller bowl, crush the strawberries roughly with a fork and add them to the cream mixture in the large bowl. Pulse it so that everything is well incorporated.
10. Pour the mixture in the cake tin on top of the Oreo base.
11. Bake in the oven for 90 minutes until the top of the cake is just wobbly.
12. Once done, remove from oven and let it cool in the tin.
For the topping
13. In a small pan, heat the sugar over gentle heat stirring periodically till it is melted.
14. Pour in the cream and mix to incorporate the two together.
15. Remove from heat and add the butter stirring continuously.
16. Pour the caramel sauce over the cooled cake leaving a border at the edge.
17. Whip the cream until stiff and pipe or spoon all-round the outside edge of the cake with the caramel sauce in the center.
18. Finally, garnish by adding the blueberries over the cooled caramel in the center.
19. Slice and enjoy.
Mixing cream with the hot caramel will cause the contents of the pan to froth up. Temporarily lift the pan away from the heat at this point.