Pumpkin Cheesecake with Pecan Crumble
|For the crust|
|Ginger cookie crumbs||3 Cup (48 tbs) (gluten free)|
|Butter||4 Tablespoon, melted|
|For the batter|
|Light cream cheese||24 Ounce|
|Dark brown sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Low fat sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Can pumpkin puree||15 Ounce|
|Pumpkin pie spice||1 Tablespoon|
|For the crumble|
|Bisquick||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (gluten free)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter||4 Tablespoon, cold and diced|
|Pecans||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F. Line the exterior of a 10 inch spring form pan with foil; place it on a baking sheet to prevent any leaking into the oven.
2. To make the crust – In a large bowl mix all of the crust ingredients together until the mixture resembles wet sand.
3. Dump the mixture into the bottom of the pan and press the mixture firmly along the bottom and up the sides of the pan.
4. Bake the crust for 10 minutes. Carefully remove it from the oven and let it cool.
5. To make the batter – In a mixer, cream together the cream cheese, brown sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy.
6. Turn the mixer off, scrape down the sides of the bowl, then add the sour cream and beat until thoroughly combined.
7. Add in the eggs one at a time until all the ingredients are incorporated. Scrape down the bowl again and add in the pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice, beat on medium speed for 5 minutes.
8. Pour the batter into the prepared crust and bake for 60 minutes.
9. To make the pecan crumble – stir together the Bisquick, brown sugar, and cinnamon until well combined.
10. Add in the butter into the dry mixture and mix with hands. Stir in the pecans and set aside in the refrigerator.
11. Evenly sprinkle the pecan crumble over the cheesecake and raise the oven temperature to 350°F bake for an additional 15 minutes.
12. Remove the cake from the oven, let it cool completely then cover it and refrigerate for at least 6 hours.
13. Serve Pumpkin Cheesecake for dessert.