Camp Oven Lemon Souffle Cheesecake With Blueberry Topping
|For the crust:|
|Graham cracker crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Butter||1 Tablespoon, melt|
|For the filling:|
|Cream cheese||8 Ounce|
|White sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Egg yolks||4 Large|
|Lemon zest||1 Tablespoon, finely grated|
|Lemon juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Egg whites||4 Large|
|For the topping:|
|Blueberries||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat a camp oven dutch oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Lightly grease a springform pan.
3. To make the crust- In a bowl, mix the graham cracker crumbs and brown sugar.
4. Stir in the melted butter until thoroughly blended.
5. Press the mixture evenly into the bottom of the springform pan.
6. Bake in preheated camp oven until golden brown, about 10 minutes.
7. Remove springform pan from camp oven and cool on a rack.
8. To make the filling- Place the cream cheese in a mixing bowl and beat until creamy, about 2 minutes.
9. Continue beating while gradually adding 1 cup sugar. Beat until sugar is thoroughly blended.
10. Beat in the egg yolks, one at a time, scraping the sides of the bowl after each addition.
11. Mix in the lemon zest, lemon juice, vanilla, and sour cream until well blended.
12. In a clean bowl, beat the egg whites until soft peaks form.
13. Continue beating while gradually adding 1/3 cup sugar in a slow stream, until stiff peaks form. Do not overbeat.
14. Gently fold 1/3 of the meringue into the cream cheese mixture.
15. Repeat twice more with remaining meringue, mixing carefully to not deflate the egg whites, until no meringue streaks remain.
16. Cut an 18" square of aluminum foil and wrap around the outside bottom of the springform pan.
17. Pour the filling into the prepared pan.
18. Preheat camp oven to 375 degrees F.
19. Place in camp oven, pour hot water into the camp oven up to 1" on the sides of the springform pan.
20. Bake until the top is almost set, approximately 1 hour.
21. Remove coals from lid and underside of camp oven and slide lid open just a bit.
22. Rest the cake in the oven until completely set, about 1 hour longer.
23. Carefully place the springform pan in a cold icechest for at least 4 hours, or overnight before serving.
24. To make the topping- In a pan, heat 1 cup of blueberries and sugar.
25. Cook over medium heat until berries begin to break, around 10 minutes.
26. While still hot, strain the berries through a sieve or cheesecloth placed over a bowl, reserving the juice and discard berry pulp.
27. Allow the juice to cool.
28. Mix remaining 2 cups blueberries and lemon juice together in a large bowl.
29. Stir in the strained blueberry juice.
30. Just before serving, pour the blueberry topping over the cheesecake.
31. Cut out slices, plate and serve as dessert.
Calories 289 Calories from Fat 136
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.8%
Saturated Fat 8.4 g41.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 114.2 mg38.1%
Sodium 126.4 mg5.3%
Total Carbohydrates 36 g11.9%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.3%
Sugars 30.3 g
Protein 5 g9.2%
Vitamin A 11.5% Vitamin C 29.8%
Calcium 6.3% Iron 2.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet