Baked Cheesecake with Fresh French Goats Cheese and Orange
|Fresh goat cheese||900 Gram (spreadable)|
|Sour cream||200 Milliliter|
|Caster sugar||75 Gram|
|Vanilla bean paste/Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Digestive biscuits||150 Gram|
|Icing sugar||2 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degree C (350 degree F)
2. Line the base of a 20 cm spring-form cake tin/ cheesecake tin with parchment paper.
3. Melt the butter in a saucepan.
4. In the meantime, crush the biscuits in a food processor or by placing in a zip lock bag and crushing with a rolling pin. Either way, make sure you have a really nice fine crumb mixture.
5. Once the butter is completed melted pour into the crumbs through the food chute, with the processor motor running. Or cut into crumbs in a bowl.
6. Turn the crumb mixture out into the cake tin and press it down with the back of a spoon to form a thin, even and firm crust layer.
7. Pop the tin with the crust into the oven for 10-15 minutes.
8. To make the filling, in a stand mixer bowl, add the fresh goats cheese. Using the paddle attachment, beat the soft creamy cheese until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes.
9. Change attachment to whisk, and while the cheese mixture is whisking add the sugar, drop in the eggs, one at a time, and whisk until well incorporated.( use 3 whole eggs and 1 egg yolk if large)
10. Add the vanilla bean paste or extract and flour and whisk until light and fluffy.
11. Add the juice of one lemon and the oranges along with the pulp.
12. Turn off the whisk and add the sour cream (reserving 4 tablespoons for the topping). Turn on again and whisk for a minute until well incorporated.
13. Remove the base from the oven, turn down oven temperature to 160 degree C (310 degree F)
14. Pour the cheese cake mixture over the crust. Bake for 1 hour or until a knife comes out clean.
15. Turn off the oven and let the cheesecake sit and cool in the oven for a couple of hours and cool down completely.
15. To make the topping, whisk reserved sour cream, icing sugar, and zest and juice of 1 lemon together.
16. Pour the topping over the cooled cheesecake.
17. Place in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
18. Remove the ring and slice the cheesecake onto the serving plate.
19. Garnish with fresh berries if you like.
20. Slice into wedges and serve chilled.