I always feel like Cheesecake. You know how your friends will ask, "whatdya feel like eating?" That's an easy one: Cheesecake. I love its pillowy bite, the way it softly crumbles when your fork slides through, the way it lays like velvet on your tongue and only ever so slowly melts away. I'm convinced there's nothing like it. These cutie pie Strawberry Cheesecake Bites come in a close second. It's great for those days you don't feel like all the hoo-haa of a real Cheesecake. You can pop these portable baby bites right in your mouth and a). they're "healthier" (though that becomes a blurred concept when you've eaten like 35) b). it takes mere minutes! c). theses are perfect for Kids, Parties, and take-alongs to virtually anywhere.
8 , washed
1⁄2 , zested
Melted chocolate/Crushed graham crackers
4 Tablespoon (Optional)
1. Using a paring knife, cut the tops off the strawberries, cut and remove the centre core, and cut a thin slice off the bottom to make them stand.
2. In a zip lock bag, place the chocolate and microwave until it melts.
3. In a bowl, place together cream cheese, powdered sugar, salt, lemon zest and vanilla extract, and beat well with fork or in stand mixture, until combined.
4. Fill the cheese cake mixture in to a piping bag.
5. Arrange the strawberries on a serving platter and pipe in the cheese mixture in centre of strawberries.
6. Drizzle the melted chocolate over the stuffed strawberries, and serve.