Betty's Sopapilla Cheesecake
|For cheesecake filling|
|Cream cheese||16 Ounce, softened|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Cooking oil spray||1⁄2 Teaspoon (for greasing)|
|Crescent roll dough||16 Ounce (Two 8 oz. refrigerated cans)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), softened|
|Honey||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Grease a 13 x 9 x 2 baking dish with vegetable cooking spray and set aside.
2. Preheat the oven to 350 degree F.
3. In a medium sized bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar and vanilla extract. Beat until smooth.
4. Unroll and lay dough into the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Press the dough evenly.
5. Top the dough with the cheese mixture and spread evenly.
6. Then, unroll the second package of crescent roll dough onto the (clean) countertop. Just like with the first roll of dough, using your fingers, press the dough, being sure to join any perforated sections.
7. Once you have a completely joined sheet of crescent dough, lift the sheet of dough and place it directly on top of the cream cheese mixture in the baking pan, to cover the cheese mixture.
8. For topping, in a small bowl, combine the softened butter, sugar and cinnamon. Mix well.
9. Using a teaspoon, evenly dot the cinnamon-sugar butter mixture over the top layer of crescent dough.
10. Pop the dish in oven and bake for approximately 30 minutes (but check on it sooner), depending on your oven, until puffed and golden brown.
11. Remove from oven and drizzle with the honey.
12. Cool completely. You can refrigerate the cheesecake once it has cooled completely.
12. Cut with a pastry knife into wedges and serve.
Calories 687 Calories from Fat 334
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 38 g58.4%
Saturated Fat 19.9 g99.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 92.6 mg30.9%
Sodium 618 mg25.7%
Total Carbohydrates 84 g27.9%
Dietary Fiber 0.35 g1.4%
Sugars 53.3 g
Protein 6 g12.7%
Vitamin A 21.4% Vitamin C 0.31%
Calcium 8.4% Iron 9.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet