Glenn and Elise's oreo Cheesecake
|Oreo cookies||8 Ounce, crushed into crumbs|
|Butter||6 Tablespoon, melted|
|Cream cheese||2 Pound (Philadelphia)|
|Sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Oreo cookies||6 Ounce, cut into thirds|
|Oreo cookies||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), crushed into fine crumbs (for garnish)|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) With a round of wax paper, line the bottom of a 10x3-inch solid cake pan.
3) Mix the crushed cookies and butter together. Press on the bottom of the prepared pan.
4) Bake in the preheated oven for about 5 to 8 minutes.
5) Reduce the temperature of the oven to 275 degrees.
6) Use a food processor or mixer to beat together the cream cheese and sugar.
7) Add the eggs, one at a time beating well after each addition.
8) Add the vanilla, stir well and then fold in the Oreos.
9) Into the pan with the prebaked crust, put the prepared batter. Put the cheesecake pan in a bigger pan.
10) Into the larger pan, pour enough hot water to come halfway up the cheesecake pan-€™s outside (the method is popularly known as bain marie).
11) Place in the oven and bake for about 3 hours. In case the cake starts to color, cover it with foil.
12) Remove the baked cake from the oven and let it cool. Chill for about 8 hours or freeze.
13) Turn the chilled cake onto a plate and take off the wax paper. Flip it over on another plate immediately.
14) Garish the cake by sprinkling the cookie crumbs over a lace doily placed on the cake-€™s top.
15) Take off the doily. This will leave a pattern of the crumbs.
16) Put the cake on a decorative cake plate and serve chilled. Makes a delectable dessert as well as tea/coffee accompaniment.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 7062 Calories from Fat 4712
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 534 g821.8%
Saturated Fat 271 g1355.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 2037.2 mg679.1%
Sodium 4873 mg203%
Total Carbohydrates 522 g174.1%
Dietary Fiber 14.5 g58.1%
Sugars 398.2 g
Protein 94 g188.5%
Vitamin A 294% Vitamin C
Calcium 102% Iron 120.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet