Butter Pecan Cheesecake
|Chopped pecans||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Graham cracker crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Cream cheese||32 Ounce, softened (4 packages, 8 ounce size)|
|Sour cream||1 Pound (1 container)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
1) In a non-stick pan, melt 1 tablespoon butter saute pecans until lightly toasted.
2) Remove and place the pecans in a bowl; set aside.
3) In same pan, melt remaining butter; take the pan away from heat and stir in graham-cracker crumbs and 2 tablespoons sugar until well mixed.
4) Press the crumb mixture into the bottom of 9-inch springform pan.
5) Put the pan in the freezer until well chilled.
6) Preheat the oven to 475F.
7) In a mixer bowl, whisk in the cream cheese and 1 ½ cups sugar until smooth. 8) Beat in the eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.
9) Mix in 1 cup sour cream and the vanilla; beat until well mixed.
10) Add in toasted pecans and stir well.
11) Transfer the cheese mixture into the pan.
12) Bake for 10 minutes; lower the oven heat to 300F; continue baking 45 to 50 minutes, or until center of cheesecake is almost firm.
13) In a bowl, stir together remaining sugar with sour cream.
14) Take the pan out of the oven.
15) Raise the oven temperature to 400F.
16) Smear the sour-cream mixture evenly on cheesecake and place back in the oven for 5 minutes, or until topping is set.
17) Place the pan over wire rack and cool completely, refrigerate until cold for 3 hours or overnight.
18) Twist and remove side of springform pan.
19) Place cheesecake on serving plate and garnish with pecan halves.