Orange Coconut Cheesecake
|Refrigerated pie crust||8 Ounce (1/2 packet, Ready to Bake)|
|Navel orange||1 Large|
|Cream cheese||8 Ounce, softened (1 packet)|
|Part skim ricotta cheese||15 Ounce|
|Coconut cream||16 Ounce|
|Toasted flaked coconut||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), or shredded|
1) Preheat the oven to 450F.
2) Unwrap the piecrust as per its packet instructions. Dust the pastry with flour and roll out into a 12-inch circle.
2) Overturn the piecrust into a 9-inch or 10-inch fluted cake pan with a detatchable base.
3) Press the piecrust against the bottom and edges of the pan.
4) Place the pan over a cookie sheet.
5) Bake the crust for about 7 minutes or till it starts to brown on the crust.
6) Grate a teaspoonful of orange peel and reserve the oranges for garnish.
7) Into a bowl, add in cream cheese and ricotta cheese. Beat to get a smooth mixture.
8) Next add in the coconut and orange peel along with one egg at a time. Blend well.
9) Take the cookie sheet from the oven and turn down the heat to 350F.
10) Pour the cheese mixture onto the crust. Bake for 50 minutes till the cheesecake centre softens.
11) Let the cheesecake cool down before refrigerating for 60 minutes.
12) Take the reserved orange and discard its peel along with any white fibres.
13) Cut the orange into sections. Sprinkle coconut on the cheesecake and garnish with the orange sections.