Baked Apricot Cheesecake
|Graham cracker crumbs||2 1⁄3 Cup (37.33 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), melted|
|Almond extract||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Fresh apricot/Apricot halves - 1 can of 16 ounces, well drained and chopped||3⁄4 Pound, halved, pitted and chopped|
|Cottage cheese||8 Ounce (1 Container)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Whipping cream||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Sour cream||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Toasted slivered almonds||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (For Garnish)|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 325 degrees.
2) Mix together the sugar, crumbs, butter and extract and then spoon the mixture into a springform cake pan of 8 inches. Press evenly over the base.
3) Bake in the preheated oven for about 10 minutes, till set and brown in color. Set aside.
4) Into a large bowl, put the cheese with ¼ cup of sugar and the egg yolks. Use a wooden spoon to beat well till smoothly blended.
5) Sift in the flour and mix together well and then add 1 tablespoon of kirsch, if using. Stir well.
6) Beat in the whipping cream very gradually till the mixture is just blended.
7) In a clean, dry bowl, beat the egg whites till they are standing in stiff peaks.
8) Add the remaining sugar, about 1 tablespoon at a time, and beat well till the meringue is glossy and stiff.
9) With the help of a large metal spoon, fold the meringue into the cheese mixture.
10) On a cookie sheet, stand the pan and scatter apricots all over the crumb base.
11) With the remaining kirsch, if using, sprinkle the apricots and then gently level the surface.
12) Bake in the preheated oven for about 60 minutes, till the filling is risen, well browned and firm. When done, the top of the cake will crack slightly.
13) Cover the baked cake and refrigerate for at least 8 hours.
14) Around the sides of the cake, run a spatula carefully in order to loosen it.
15) Remove the pan-€™s sides and lift it into a serving plate.
16) Over the top, spread the sour cream and scatter toasted almonds all over.
17) Serve the cheesecake right away or as liked (preferably after 2 hours of chilling). Makes an excellent dessert as well as tea/coffee accompaniment.
Calories 694 Calories from Fat 348
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 39 g59.8%
Saturated Fat 21.3 g106.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 111.1 mg37%
Sodium 304.2 mg12.7%
Total Carbohydrates 70 g23.3%
Dietary Fiber 2.7 g10.6%
Sugars 54.3 g
Protein 12 g23.7%
Vitamin A 45% Vitamin C 14.7%
Calcium 14.7% Iron 6.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet