|Plain flour||8 Ounce|
|Cold water||3 Tablespoon|
|Canned apricot halves||15 Ounce, drained|
|Caster sugar||1 1⁄2 Ounce|
|Full fat soft cheese/Curd cheese||8 Ounce|
|Soured cream||2 Tablespoon|
|Plain flour||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemon||1 , rinded and juiced|
1. In a large bowl, sift the flour and salt and rub the fat into the flour till the mixture starts to look like breadcrumbs.
2. Add water to the dough and mix well to make stiff dough.
3. Knead the dough lightly and then set the dough aside to rest in a cool place for 10 minutes. Roll out the dough and use it to line six 4 1/2-in. foil baking cases. Cover the pastry with foil and pour beans into the casing. Bake this blind at 375°F, 190°C, Gas Mark 5, for 10 minutes.
4. Remove beans and foil, and leave cases to cool.
5. Set aside 6 apricot halves for decoration. Chop the rest of the apricots and then layer them into the cases.
6. In another bowl, beat the egg yolk and sugar till it is light and fluffy and then combine it with the cheese and soured cream.
7. Sift the flour with the lemon rind and then mix it with the juice and cheese mixture and blend well till smooth.
8. Whisk egg whites frothy and then fold into the cheese mixture. Spoon this mixture into individual pastry cases and bake at 375°F, 190°C, Gas Mark 5, for 35 minutes.
9. If serving immediately, decorate with apricot halves. If you want to store the cheesecakes, wrap the cooled cheesecakes in foil and freeze for storage.