Chocolate Swirl Cheesecake
|Graham cracker crumbs||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Ground cinnamon||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), melted|
|Semi-sweet chocolate||2 Ounce (1 Ounce Per Square)|
|Cream cheese||16 Ounce, softened (2 Packages, 8 Ounce Each)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||5 Tablespoon (1/4 Cup Plus 1 Tablespoon)|
|Grated lemon rind||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Whipping cream||1 Cup (16 tbs), whipped|
1. Preheat the oven at 300°.
2. In a bowl, mix well combining graham cracker crumbs, cinnamon and butter.
3. Firmly press into bottom and up sides of a 9-inch springform pan and refrigerate.
4. In top of a double boiler place chocolate and bring water to a boil.
5. Reduce heat to low, cook until chocolate melts and set aside to cool slightly.
6. Beat cream cheese with electric mixer until light and fluffy and gradually add sugar, mixing well.
7. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition and stir in flour, lemon rind, lemon juice, and vanilla.
8. Fold whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture.
9. Combine 1 cup cheesecake mixture and melted chocolate and set aside.
10. Pour remaining cheesecake mixture into prepared crust.
11. Pour chocolate mixture over top of cheesecake mixture and gently swirl with a knife.
12. Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour.
13. Turn off oven and let cheesecake stand in closed oven 1 hour.
14. Open oven door and allow cheesecake to stand in oven 2 to 3 hours until completely cooled.
15. Chill for 4-5 hours.
16. Garnish with grated chocolate, if desired and serve.