Rich Chocolate Cheesecake
|Graham cracker crumbs||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Melted butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Semi sweet chocolate morsels||12 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Cream cheese||32 Ounce, softened (4 Packages, 8 Ounce Each)|
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||2 Teaspoon|
|Commercial sour cream||16 Ounce (1 Carton)|
|Whipped cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 300°
2. Crumble the graham crackers and mash them with the softened butter. Mix the crumbs well and then press them firmly into the bottom and sides of a 10-inch springform pan extending about 1 inch up sides of the pan.
3. Melt the chocolate in top of a double boiler while the double pan is on the heat. When the chocolate is melted, stir completely and set aside to cool
4. With an electric mixer, beat cream cheese till light and fluffy while gradually adding sugar and beating well to get a uniform mix.
5. Beat eggs, one at a time, while adding them to the mix and whip in melted chocolate, cocoa, and vanilla. This has to be blended well till completely mixed through.
6. Pour in sour cream and blend well before pouring it into the prepared pan.
7. Bake for 1 hour and 40 minutes and then set aside to set at room temperature on a wire rack. Then set aside to chill at least 5 hours.
8. Garnish whipped cream and serve immediately.