Microwave Orange and Lemon Cheesecake
|Dark brown sugar||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Crushed digestive biscuits||4 Ounce|
|Full fat cream cheese||12 Ounce|
|Caster sugar||3 Ounce|
|Lemon||1 , rind grated and juiced|
|Orange||1 , rind grated and juiced|
|Cold water||2 Tablespoon|
|Powdered gelatin||1⁄2 Ounce|
|Double cream||3⁄4 Pint|
|Whipped cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Use As Required)|
|Orange segments||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Use As Required)|
|Lemon rind||1 (Use As Required)|
1) Cover the bottom and sides of an 8-inches cake or flan tin with foil.
2) In a large microwavable dish, melt the butter by heating for 1 minute.
3) Mix in the brown sugar and crumbled biscuits.
4) Cover the base and sides of the prepared cake tin with the biscuits mixture.
5) Place in refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
6) In a bowl, beat together the cheese, sugar, lemon and orange rind and juice until smooth.
7) In a small microwavable bowl, soak the gelatine in water .
8) Cook for 1 minute to dissolve the gelatine.
9) Stir the gelatine mixture into the cheese mixture.
10) In another bowl whisk the cream until stiff.
11) Gently fold the whipped cream into the cheese mixture.
12) Smear the cheese mixture into the biscuit case.
13) Refrigerate until cheese mixture is set and firm.
14) Garnish with whipped cream, orange segments and small curls of lemon rind if desired.
15) Carefully lift the cheesecake out of its mould, using the foil to help you, then simply peel off the foil.