Pecan Crust Cheesecake with Fresh Peaches
|For the crust|
|Toasted wheat germ||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Pecans||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|For the filling|
|Cottage cheese||2 Pound|
|Cream cheese||8 Ounce|
|Honey||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Whole wheat pastry flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|For the topping|
|Sliced peeled fresh peaches||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Strawberry jam||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (All Fruit Variety)|
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees C.
2. Butter a 9-inch springform pan.
3. On a cookie sheet, toast pecans for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and keep it aside to cool.
4. In a food processor, grind toasted pecans, wheat germ and cinnamon.
5. In a springform pan, distribute the above mixture evenly.
6. In workbowl of a mixer, take all the ingredients meant for filling. Blend it so that to smoothen the texture of the mixture without any piece of cream cheese. Scrape down the sides of the workbowl once or twice after stopping the machine.
7. In the pan, pour batter. Place it in oven and bake it for 1 hour at 300 degrees C.
8. Switch off the oven but leave the oven door closed for another 1 ½ hours.
9. Remove cake from oven and cool completely before covering and storing it overnight in the refrigerator.
10. To serve, run a knife around the edges of the pan and invert pan so that the cake gets transferred into the serving plate.
11. In a small pot, melt jam. Slice peaches and add it to the jam. Toss gently. This peach and jam combination can be spread over the Pecan Crust Cheesecake With Fresh Peaches in a decorative way to serve. Even strawberries, kiwi, blueberries or fresh apricots can be used in place of peaches. Cheesecake With a cheesecake with a fruit topping should be served immediately whereas without the fruit topping, cheesecake can be refrigerated for 2-3 days.
Calories 981 Calories from Fat 408
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 46 g71.5%
Saturated Fat 16.5 g82.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 402.3 mg134.1%
Sodium 1037.9 mg43.2%
Total Carbohydrates 94 g31.3%
Dietary Fiber 8.3 g33%
Sugars 74.2 g
Protein 51 g102.9%
Vitamin A 30.8% Vitamin C 161.5%
Calcium 32.6% Iron 28.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet