Baking Day Cheesecake
|Digestive biscuit crumbs||2 Ounce|
|Cottage cheese||1 Pound|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Grated orange rind||1 Teaspoon|
|Corn flour||1 Tablespoon|
|Double cream||2 Tablespoon|
|Castor sugar||4 Ounce|
1) Take an 8-in. cake tin with removable base and butter sides and line base with buttered paper.
2) Sprinkle crumbs.
3) Sieve cottage cheese and mix with lemon juice, orange rind and corn flour.
4) Whip cream and add
5) Separate eggs, and beat egg yolks until thick, then stir into cheese mixture.
6) Beat egg whites until stiff and beat in half the sugar, then stir in remaining sugar.
7) Fold into cheese mixture and put into baking tin.
8) Bake at 350°F, 180°C, Gas Mark 4, for 1 hour, and leave to cool in the oven.
9) Remove cake from tin.
10) Freeze the cake and then pack in foil, keep in box until used to avoid crushing.
11) To serve: Take out cake from freezer, thaw at room temperature, make it warm in oven, cut into pieces and serve as dessert.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1456 Calories from Fat 434
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 47 g72.7%
Saturated Fat 13.1 g65.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 468.3 mg156.1%
Sodium 1970.1 mg82.1%
Total Carbohydrates 182 g60.6%
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g10.1%
Sugars 140.2 g
Protein 71 g141%
Vitamin A 16.9% Vitamin C 15.2%
Calcium 47.4% Iron 14.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet