Baking Day Cheesecake
|Digestive biscuit crumbs||2 Ounce|
|Cottage cheese||1 Pound|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Grated orange rind||1 Teaspoon|
|Corn flour||1 Tablespoon|
|Double cream||2 Tablespoon|
|Castor sugar||4 Ounce|
1) Take an 8-in. cake tin with removable base and butter sides and line base with buttered paper.
2) Sprinkle crumbs.
3) Sieve cottage cheese and mix with lemon juice, orange rind and corn flour.
4) Whip cream and add
5) Separate eggs, and beat egg yolks until thick, then stir into cheese mixture.
6) Beat egg whites until stiff and beat in half the sugar, then stir in remaining sugar.
7) Fold into cheese mixture and put into baking tin.
8) Bake at 350°F, 180°C, Gas Mark 4, for 1 hour, and leave to cool in the oven.
9) Remove cake from tin.
10) Freeze the cake and then pack in foil, keep in box until used to avoid crushing.
11) To serve: Take out cake from freezer, thaw at room temperature, make it warm in oven, cut into pieces and serve as dessert.