|Graham cracker crumbs||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs) (18 Standard)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cream style cottage cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), sieved|
|Cream cheese||6 Ounce (2 Package, 3 Ounce Each)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dairy sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Maraschino cherries||3 , quartered|
1) Preheat oven to 350°.
2) Thoroughly grease the sides and base of a 9" spring-form pan (or other round pan with deep sides).
3) In a bowl, combine crumbs and 1/4 cup sugar.
4) Melt the butter and allow to cool.
5) Add crumbs and thoroughly mix.
6) Press the mixture on the base and sides of the greased pan.
7) Place the pan in the moderate oven to bake for 8 minutes.
8) Bring out and allow to cool.
9) Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine cottage cheese, cream cheese, eggs, 1/2 cup sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla and salt, until smooth.
10) Pour this mixture into the crust.
11) Place the crust back inside the oven to bake for 18 minutes, or until set.
12) In another bowl, combine cream, sugar and vanilla to blend together.
13) Spread the mixture on top of cheesecake.
14) Place the cherries and citron, in poinsettia fashion, over the cream topping.
15) Place inside refrigerator to chill overnight.
16) Serve the Poinsettia Cheesecake chilled.