Lemon Ginger Cheesecake
|Digestive biscuits||4 Ounce, finely crushed (125 Grams)|
|Ginger stem||1 Ounce, finely chopped (25 Grams)|
|Butter||2 Ounce, melted (50 Grams)|
|Full fat soft cheese||8 Ounce (225 Grams)|
|Condensed milk||14 Ounce (1 Can / 397 Grams)|
|Lemon juice||6 Fluid Ounce (175 Milliliter)|
|Whipped cream||2 Tablespoon (For Decoration)|
|Caramel shapes||2 Tablespoon (For Decoration)|
1. Line the base and sides of a 20.5 cm (8 inch) spring-release cake tin with non-stick baking parchment.
2. In a bowl mix the biscuits and ginger with the melted butter.
3. Press into the prepared cake tin and chill in the fridge for about 30 minutes or until set.
4. In a food processor, blend the cheese and the condensed milk until smooth.
5. Gradually drizzle in the lemon juice and continue blending for a further 2 minutes.
6. Pour the mixture over the set base, cover and return to the fridge for at least 3 hours, preferably overnight, or until set.
7. Remove from the tin, decorate with whipped cream and caramel shapes and serve.
Calories 498 Calories from Fat 241
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g41.4%
Saturated Fat 17 g85.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 67.4 mg22.5%
Sodium 337.5 mg14.1%
Total Carbohydrates 52 g17.3%
Dietary Fiber 0.83 g3.3%
Sugars 40.5 g
Protein 14 g27.5%
Vitamin A 16.2% Vitamin C 25.9%
Calcium 24.9% Iron 4.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet