Low Calorie Lemon Cheesecake
|Unflavored gelatin||2 Tablespoon (2 Envelopes)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 Small, separated|
|Skimmed milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon peel||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon, grated|
|Low fat creamed cottage cheese||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Graham cracker crumbs||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
1. In a medium saucepan, mix together gelatin and 1/2 cup of sugar.
2. In another bowl, beat egg yolks with 1 cup of milk; add to the gelatine mixture and blend well.
3. Heat pan over low heat; stir and heat for about 5 minutes until gelatine dissolves.
4. Stir in remaining 1/2 cup of milk, lemon juice and peel.
5. In another large bowl, beat cottage cheese with an electric mixer until cheese is smooth.
6. Chill mixture in freezer; occasionally stir and refreeze until mixture mounds slightly when dropped from a spoon.
7. In another large bowl, beat egg whites with an electric mixer until soft peaks are formed.
8. Gradually add remaining ¼ cup sugar and beat stiff peaks are formed; add to the cheese mixture and fold in to mix.
9. Into a 9-inch springform, pour the mixture.
10. Mix crumbs, cinnamon and nutmeg; sprinkle on top of cake.
11. Chill in freezer for about 3 hours until firm.
12. Cut Lo Cal Lemon Cheesecake into triangles and serve.
Calories 196 Calories from Fat 22
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g3.8%
Saturated Fat 1.2 g6.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 41.1 mg13.7%
Sodium 48.4 mg2%
Total Carbohydrates 25 g8.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.55 g2.2%
Sugars 23.2 g
Protein 18 g36.4%
Vitamin A 1% Vitamin C 4.9%
Calcium 6.4% Iron 1.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet