Sun Dried Tomato and Basil Cheesecake Appetizer
|Dark pumpernickel bread crumbs||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Unsalted butter||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), softened|
|Grated parmesan cheese||2 Ounce|
|Reduced fat cream cheese||24 Ounce (3 packets, 8 ounce each)|
|Finely chopped onion||3 Tablespoon|
|Sun dried tomatoes||32 Ounce (1 jar)|
|Dried basil||1 Tablespoon|
|Lowfat sour cream||16 Ounce|
|Fresh basil leaves||1 Tablespoon (for garnish)|
|Crackers||1 Cup (16 tbs) (adjust quantity as needed)|
1. Pre heat an oven at 175 C (350 F).
2. Finely chop 7 tablespoons sun dried tomatoes and keep aside.
3. Coarsely chop 15 no-€™s sun dried tomatoes and keep aside.
4. Grease a 9 ½ inch non stick spring form pan with cooking spray and line with butter paper. Keep aside.
5. Using an electric mixer, blend together ½ cup butter, bread crumbs and 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese.
6. Transfer mixture on to lined pan and spread evenly at bottom and ¼ inch at sides. Refrigerate.
7. Line a baking tray with foil and keep aside.
8. In a medium sized bowl, place cream cheese and beat well using an electric beater.
9. Add onions, remaining parmesan cheese, butter, basil, eggs, sour cream, finely chopped sun dried tomatoes, 1 tablespoon oil and herbs (which would be soaked in the ready made sun dried tomatoes jar). Blend well till smooth.
10. Transfer 1/3 of mixture on to prepared crust and spread evenly. Top with coarsely chopped sun dried tomatoes and ½ quantity of remaining mixture.
11. Spread evenly and top with a thin layer of pesto and remaining mixture.
12. Place crust on lined tray and bake in pre heated oven for 50 to 60 minutes or till done.
13. Once baked, allow cheesecake to remain in oven for 20 more minutes.
14. Once completely cooled, remove from oven and refrigerate for at least 24 hours.
15. Using a sharp knife, loosen edges and de mould cheese cake.
16. Cut chilled cake into wedges and serve immediately topped with fresh basil, sundried tomatoes and accompanied with crackers.