|Sweet shortcrust pastry dough||1 (100 gram, basic made with 100 gram /4 ounce flour)|
|Caster sugar||4 Ounce (100 gram)|
|Lemon||1⁄2 , rind finely grated|
|Lemon||1⁄2 , freshly juiced|
|Soured cream||1⁄4 Pint (150 milliliter)|
|Cottage cheese||3⁄4 Pound (350 gram)|
|Gelatin||1⁄2 Ounce (15 gram)|
|Whipped cream||1 Cup (16 tbs) (adjust quantity as needed)|
|Raspberries||1⁄2 Pound, hulled (225 gram, for finish)|
1) Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F or Gas Mark 5.
2) Roll out the dough on a floured surface and line a 8 inch loose-bottomed cake tin.
3) Bake the pastry crust blind in the preheated oven for 15 minutes, then remove the foil and beans.
4) Bake for another 10 minutes, then allow the crust to cool in the tin.
5) Filling: In a heatproof bowl, beat the egg yolks and sugar over a pan of gently simmering water, until thick and creamy.
6) Remove from heat, then stir in the lemon rind, juice, soured cream and cheese.
7) In another heatproof bowl, soften the gelatine in water, then stir over a pan of hot water over a low heat, until the gelatine is dissolved.
8) Fold into the cheese mixture and allow to stand, until it just begins to set.
9) In a bowl, stiffly beat the egg whites and fold into the cheese mixture.
10) Pour into the pastry shell, refrigerate until set, then remove the cheesecake from the cake tin.
11) If you wish to freeze the recipe do it at this stage. Freeze, then pack the cheesecake in a freezer bag, seal, label and freeze.
12) Garnish the Raspberry Cheesecake with rosettes of whipped cream and the raspberries, serve on a serving platter.
13) If using the frozen dish, unwrap, thaw in the refrigerator overnight and serve as indicated in step 12.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2279 Calories from Fat 1163
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 130 g200.2%
Saturated Fat 76.5 g382.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 983.1 mg327.7%
Sodium 1482.6 mg61.8%
Total Carbohydrates 185 g61.6%
Dietary Fiber 17.5 g69.9%
Sugars 154.4 g
Protein 76 g151.4%
Vitamin A 33.7% Vitamin C 175.3%
Calcium 73.8% Iron 23%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet