Walnut Cheesecake Cookies
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), softened|
|Cream cheese||3 Ounce, softened|
|Grated lemon peel||1 Teaspoon|
|Sifted powdered sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sifted all purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Finely chopped walnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. In a bowl cream together, butter, cream cheese, egg yolk, vanilla, lemon peel and salt until well blended.
2. Now, add powdered sugar gradually, and then flour to make stiff dough.
3. Allow the dough to chill in the refrigerator.
4. Using the chilled dough, shape into about 30 small balls about 1 inch in diameter.
5. Onto a greased baking sheet, place the balls at distance from each other.
6. In a preheated oven, bake the cookies at 200 degrees centigrade for about 15 to 20 minutes until set.
7. Allow it to cool on a wire rack.
8. Serve at room temperature.