No Bake Apricot Cheesecake
|For no bake crust|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Corn flake crumbs||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|For velvety cream cheese filling|
|Canned apricot halves||30 Ounce, drained, reserve syrup (1 can)|
|Unflavored gelatin||1 Tablespoon (1 envelope)|
|Cream cheese||16 Ounce, softened (2 packages, 8 ounce each)|
|Sweetened condensed milk||14 Ounce (1 can, Brand)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Frozen non dairy whipped topping||4 1⁄2 Ounce, thawed (1 container)|
|Syrup||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (reserved)|
1. In a small saucepan, cook butter and sugar until it boils.
2. Remove the pan from heat and stir in the corn flake crumbs.
3. Separate 2 tablespoon of crumb mixture and keep aside for garnishing.
4. In a 9-inch springform pan, press the remaining crumb mixture at the bottom.
5. Refrigerate until chill.
6. Keep aside 4 or 5 apricot halves for garnishing; cut into pieces before garnishing.
7. In a saucepan, mix gelatin in 1/2 cup reserved syrup; heat slightly to dissolve.
8. In a blender, process apricots at high speed until smooth.
9. Add the processed apricots to the gelatin mixture and keep aside.
10. and gelatin; stir over low heat until gelatin dissolves.
11. In a large mixing bowl, using a electric beater or wired whisk, beat cream cheese until its smooth.
12. Add lemon juice and gradually add sweetened condensed milk and lemon juice; beat until well combined.
13. Add the apricot-gelatine mixture and stir to mix.
14. Add the whipped topping and using a spatula, fold into the cream mixture.
15. Into the prepared crust, pour the cream mixture.
16. Garnish with slices of apricots, arrange slices in pair over the top of the cheesecake.
17. Drizzle apricot glaze all over, if desired.
18. Place mint leaves over the apricots.
19. Sprinkle the reserved crumb mixture at the edge of the cheesecake.
20. Refrigerate the cake for 3 hours for chilling.
21. In a saucepan, combine cornstarch with the reserved syrup; cook until the liquid is thick and clear.
22. Cool the mixture.
23. Drizzle the corn starch glaze over top of cake.
24. Plate the cake and cut into serving size pieces.