Father's Day Date Cheesecake
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Graham crackers||1 1⁄3 , crushed|
|Small curd cottage cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cream cheese||8 Ounce, softened|
|Lemon||1 (use grated peel and juice)|
|Dates||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), pitted and chopped (Sun World)|
|Brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Thick cream||300 Milliliter|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Butter||60 Gram, chopped|
1. In a heatproof bowl, put together dates and bicarbonate of soda; add boiling water, cover and let it stand for 20 minutes until dates are tender.
2. In a glass bowl, melt butter and add crumbs; mix well.
3. Grease an 8 inch springform pan.
4. Into the greased pan, pour the crumb mixture and press evenly to cover bottom and 1 inch at the sides.
5. Using an electric mixer, beat together cheese, butter, sugar, honey, lemon juice and peel and vanilla until the mixture is pale and creamy.
6. Gradually add eggs, one at a time and beat well after each addition.
7. Using a metal spoon, fold in the date mixture and flour until well combined.
8. Into the crumb covered pan, pour the date mixture and sprinkle with sugar cinnamon mixture and almonds.
9. Place the pan in the oven and bake for about 1 hour until the cake is firm.
10. After baking, open the door of oven and let the cake cool down inside it.
11. In a saucepan, put together sugar, cream, vanilla and butter; cook over medium heat with constant stirring for about 3 minutes until the sauce starts to boil.
12. Lower the heat and simmer for another 2 minutes.
13. Drizzle the warm sauce over the warm cake.
14. Cut the cake into 8 wedges and serve.
Calories 508 Calories from Fat 319
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 36 g55.8%
Saturated Fat 21.8 g109%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 141.5 mg47.2%
Sodium 230 mg9.6%
Total Carbohydrates 43 g14.2%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.3%
Sugars 37.7 g
Protein 7 g14.2%
Vitamin A 27.1% Vitamin C 9.8%
Calcium 9.4% Iron 2.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet