No Bake Lemon Cheesecake
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Evaporated milk||6 Ounce (1 Can Or 2/3 Cup)|
|Grated lemon rind||1 Teaspoon|
|Cream-style cottage cheese||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Whipping cream||1 Cup (16 tbs), whipped|
|Unflavored gelatine||1⁄2 Ounce (2 Envelopes, 1/4 Ounce Each)|
|Egg yolks||2 , beaten|
|Graham cracker crust:|
|Fine graham cracker crumbs||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Powdered cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Powdered nutmeg||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Melted butter||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
FOR THE CRUST
1) In a bowl, mix together crumbs, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and butter.
2) Rub the crumb mixture using hands until it turns into grainy texture.
3) Force down the crumb mixture in the bottom and side of an 8 to 9 inch spring form pan.
4) On the side of the pan, put the crumbs up to inch from top.
5) Place the pan in refrigerator until chilled.
6) In a saucepan, beat thoroughly sugar, gelatine and salt.
7) Beat in the eggs and milk.
8) Heat the sugar mixture to simmer until gelatine is dissolved.
9) Take the pan off the heat.
10) Stir in the rind and allow it to cool.
12) In a blender, place cottage cheese and process until cheese is smooth.
13) Fold the cheese in the gelatine mixture.
14) Mix the lemon juice and vanilla in the gelatine mixture.
15) Place the gelatine mixture in the refrigerator, stirring occasionally until the mixture thick and coats the spoon.
16) In a clean bowl, beat the egg whites to soft peak and slowly add 1/4 cup of sugar and beat to stiff peak consistency.
17) Lightly fold the egg whites into the gelatine mixture.
18) Gently stream the gelatine mixture in to the crust.
19) Place the form pan into refrigerator for 4 hours or until 4 hours to over night.
20) Carefully remove from the mould and slice in 10 portions.
21) Serve chilled garnished with sliced strawberries or strawberry sauce if desired.