Chilled Citrus Cheesecake
|Digestive biscuits||6 Ounce (150 Grams)|
|Cinnamon||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Butter||2 Ounce (50 Grams)|
|Golden syrup||30 Milliliter (2 Level Tablespoon)|
|Gelatin||15 Milliliter (1 Envelope / 1 Level Tablespoon)|
|Sugar||4 Ounce (100 Grams)|
|Cottage cheese/Cream / curd cheese||3⁄4 Pound (325 Grams)|
|Double cream||1⁄4 Pint (125 Milliliter)|
1) In a bowl, crush the biscuits.
2) Add cinnamon, melted butter and syrup to combine.
3) In a 20-cm (8-in) loose-based cake tin, spread the mixture. With the back of spoon to press.
4) To prepare the topping, add 3 tablespoons water in a cup and sprinkle the gelatine on top.
5) Separate the eggs to place the yolks and whites in separate bowls.
6) Scrub the lemon and orange, cut one slice of orange from the centre and two slices of lemon. Reserve these slices for decoration.
7) In the bowl of egg yolks, add the grated rinds. Squeeze in juice to the bowl.
8) Add sugar and place the bowl in a saucepan of boiling water.
9) Whisk the mixture over boiling water until it is thick.
10) Gradually whisk in softened gelatine and remove the bowl from the heat.
11) Sieve the cottage cheese and whisk into the mixture in the bowl.
12) Add the cream and continue to whisk until just thick.
13) In another bowl, whisk the egg whites until stiff but not dry.
14) With a metal spoon, fold in to the mixture.
15) Pour this into the tin and place to set in the refrigerator.
16) Place the base on a smaller tin and pull the side down, to remove the side of the tin.
17) To serve, decorate with orange and lemon slices.
To freeze, open-freeze, un-decorated, on the base.
Remove the base and wrap in foil when firm; seal, label and store for up to 3 months.
To thaw, keep into the refrigerator overnight or thaw for 6 hours at room temperature.
Calories 713 Calories from Fat 368
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 40 g61.9%
Saturated Fat 13.2 g66%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 144.7 mg48.2%
Sodium 608.9 mg25.4%
Total Carbohydrates 70 g23.2%
Dietary Fiber 3.6 g14.3%
Sugars 45.4 g
Protein 20 g41%
Vitamin A 13% Vitamin C 53.2%
Calcium 13.5% Iron 4.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet