|Graham cracker crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Softened butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , separated|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon rind||2 Tablespoon, grated|
|Cottage cheese||3 Cup (48 tbs), creamed|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs), whipped|
1. In a bowl blend cracker crumbs, 2 tablespoons sugar and butter together.
2. Press firmly into even layer on bottom of springform pan and chill.
3. Soften gelatin in 1/2 cup water.
4. In top of double boiler beat egg yolks slightly and add 1 cup sugar, milk and salt.
5. Cook, stirring over hot water until mixture thickens.
6. Stir in gelatin and remove from heat.
7. In a bowl combine lemon rind, cottage cheese and lemon juice and stir in gelatin mixture.
8. Refrigerate until mixture mounds slightly when dropped from spoon.
9. Beat egg whites until frothy.
10. Beat in 1/4 cup sugar gradually until mixture forms stiff peaks.
11. Fold into cottage cheese mixture and fold in whipped cream.
12. Pour into prepared pan and refrigerate until firm.
13. Remove from pan place on serving dish and serve with garnish as desired.
Calories 513 Calories from Fat 251
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g43.8%
Saturated Fat 16.4 g82%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 160.7 mg53.6%
Sodium 538.4 mg22.4%
Total Carbohydrates 44 g14.8%
Dietary Fiber 0.54 g2.2%
Sugars 40.7 g
Protein 22 g44.3%
Vitamin A 20.6% Vitamin C 13.1%
Calcium 19.2% Iron 3.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet