Tropical Lime Cheesecake
|Coconut||7 Cup (112 tbs), shredded|
|Margarine||2 Tablespoon, melted|
|Unflavored gelatin||1 Tablespoon|
|Eggs||3 , separated|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Cream cheese||16 Ounce|
|Lime juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Grated lime rind||1 Teaspoon|
|Green food coloring||1 Teaspoon|
|Whipping cream||1 Cup (16 tbs), whipped|
1. In a bowl mix coconut, flour and margarine.
2. Press onto bottom of 9-inch springform pan and bake at 350 degrees for at least 15 minutes.
3. In 1/4 cup cold water soften gelatin.
4. In saucepan mix egg yolks, 3/4 cup water and sugar and cook, stirring, over medium heat for 5 minutes.
5. Add gelatin and stir until dissolved.
6. Soften cream cheese, add gelatin mixture gradually and mix until blended.
7. Stir lime juice and rind into gelatin mixture and tint with several drops of food coloring.
8. In a bowl beat egg whites until stiff peaks form.
9. Fold cream and egg whites into lime mixture and pour over crust.
10. Chill until firm.
11. Garnish with additional grated lime rind and serve.