Tropical Lime Cheesecake
|Coconut||7 Cup (112 tbs), shredded|
|Margarine||2 Tablespoon, melted|
|Unflavored gelatin||1 Tablespoon|
|Eggs||3 , separated|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Cream cheese||16 Ounce|
|Lime juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Grated lime rind||1 Teaspoon|
|Green food coloring||1 Teaspoon|
|Whipping cream||1 Cup (16 tbs), whipped|
1. In a bowl mix coconut, flour and margarine.
2. Press onto bottom of 9-inch springform pan and bake at 350 degrees for at least 15 minutes.
3. In 1/4 cup cold water soften gelatin.
4. In saucepan mix egg yolks, 3/4 cup water and sugar and cook, stirring, over medium heat for 5 minutes.
5. Add gelatin and stir until dissolved.
6. Soften cream cheese, add gelatin mixture gradually and mix until blended.
7. Stir lime juice and rind into gelatin mixture and tint with several drops of food coloring.
8. In a bowl beat egg whites until stiff peaks form.
9. Fold cream and egg whites into lime mixture and pour over crust.
10. Chill until firm.
11. Garnish with additional grated lime rind and serve.
Calories 697 Calories from Fat 500
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 58 g88.8%
Saturated Fat 39.5 g197.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 183.1 mg61%
Sodium 235.4 mg9.8%
Total Carbohydrates 37 g12.3%
Dietary Fiber 6.5 g25.9%
Sugars 26.8 g
Protein 10 g20.2%
Vitamin A 18.9% Vitamin C 7.4%
Calcium 9.5% Iron 13.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet