Vanilla Cheesecake With Fresh Berries
|Low fat vanilla yogurt||32 Ounce (4 Cups)|
|Nonstick vegetable oil spray||1|
|Chocolate wafer crumbs||3 Ounce (About 12 To 13 Cookies, 3/4 Cup)|
|1% cottage cheese||2 Cup (32 tbs), squeezed in a kitchen towel to remove any excess liquid|
|Low fat cream cheese||8 Ounce|
|Low fat sour cream||4 Ounce|
|Sugar||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Egg whites||2 Large|
|Vanilla extract||1 Tablespoon|
|All purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Strawberries/1 pint blueberries/other berries||1 Pint (For Garnish)|
1) Preheat oven moderately to 325 °F
2) In a strainer lined with a wet paper towel put yogurt. Set it over a bowl.
3) With a plastic wrap cover the yogurt and let it drain.
4) Keep in refrigerator overnight.
5) Remove liquid accumulated in the bowl. Reserve the yogurt.
6) Spray the bottom and sides of a 9-inch spring form pan with nonstick vegetable oil spray.
7) Press crumbs evenly into the bottom and up the sides of the pan. Keep aside.
8) Using a food processor, puree the cottage cheese till completely smooth.
9) Add yogurt, cream cheese, and sour cream and process until smooth.
10) Add remaining ingredients except berries and process till combined.
11) Pour the batter into springform pan. Tap the pan gently on the counter to remove any air bubbles.
12) Bake in oven for 50 to 60 minutes till set but still soft in the center.
13) Turn off oven and leave cheesecake in it for 30 minutes.
14) Place pan on a rack and let it cool completely.
15) Chill the cheesecake for at least 2 hours or overnight.
16) Garnish with fresh berries on top.