Rose Water Scented Cheesecake With Crystallised Rose Petals And Strawberry Juice
|Strawberries||250 Gram, hulled and sliced|
|Icing sugar||40 Gram|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Lemon||1⁄2 , juiced|
|Full fat soft cheese||250 Gram|
|Unsalted butter||40 Gram, chilled, diced|
|Caster sugar||40 Gram|
|Ground almonds||40 Gram|
|Whipping cream||150 Milliliter|
|Gelatin leaf sheet||1 , soaked in cold water|
|Rose water||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Take a bowl, add strawberries and sugar and mix well.
2. Using a cling film, cover the bowl, place above a pan containing simmering water and allow to stand for 2 hrs.
3. Strain and cool the liquid. Mix in lemon juice and keep aside.
4. In another bowl, add topping ingredients and chill till required.
5. Preheat oven to 150C/130C fan/gas 2.
6. Take a 20 x 11 x 4 cm stainless steel rectangular mold and place on a strong baking sheet.
7. Using the hands, prepare a crumbly biscuit mixture using the ingredients, transfer to tin or mold and bake for half an hour or till base turns pale golden.
8. Top with topping mixture.
9. Lower the temperature to 120C/fan 100C/gas ½ and allow cheesecake to cool for about 60 to 90 min or till set.
10. Allow to turn cold and then chill.
11. Take a pan with warm water, dissolve 1 tbsp sugar in it.
12. Mix in gelatin, whipped cream and rose water and heat gently to melt gelatin.
13. Pour on cheesecake and allow to chill till swell set.
14. Arrange cheesecakes slices on serving plates, garnish with crystallized rose petals and serve along with strawberry juice.