Low Fat Lemon Cheesecake
|Graham crackers||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely crushed|
|1% fat cottage cheese||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Plain non-fat yogurt/Double-thick yogurt||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||3 Tablespoon|
|Eggs||2 , slightly beaten|
|Skim milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon zest||1 Teaspoon, grated|
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350°F.
2. Make sure all the ingredients are at room temperature.
3. Take a 9 X 3-inch springform pan with a removable bottom and spray with PAM only on the bottom.
4. Melt the margarine and cool it.
5. In a bowl mix the margarine and the crumbs with your hands or with a fork.
6. Make an evenly pressed layer at the bottom of the cake pan and freeze for 15 minutes.
7. In a food processor, process the cottage cheese until smooth, scraping the sides down as needed, for about 2 minutes.
8. Add the yogurt, sugar, and flour, and process several times at 1-second gaps to blend well.
9. Add the eggs one by one and process 3 seconds each to blend.
10. Finally, add the milk, lemon juice, lemon zest, and salt and process for several seconds.
11. Take the pan with the crust and ladle the cottage cheese mixture in it, till the pan is half full. Do not pour, as that may create air bubbles.
12. In the oven, bake for 40 to 50 minutes, then check if it is done by putting a pick in the center—it should come out clean. Note that the cake will not rise too much and the top will seem moist.
13. Turn off the oven, and open the door, letting the cake remain there for 1 hour.
14. Place on a rack to complete cooling.
15. Cover the cake and refrigerate for several hours.
16. Run a sharp knife around the edge of the cake to loosen once it is completely chilled, to remove the sides of the pan before serving.