Banana Pudding Cheesecake
|Nilla wafers||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), crushed|
|Pecans||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), melted|
|Ripe bananas||2 Large|
|Lemon||1 Medium, juiced|
|Brown sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Cream cheese||24 Ounce (Philadelphia packages)|
|Sugar||22 Tablespoon (1 cup for cheesecake+6 tablespoons for meringue)|
|Coffee liqueur||1 Tablespoon|
|Egg whites||3 Medium|
|Cream of tartar||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grease a 9 in spring form pan.
3. In a food processor place together wafers and nuts, and process until well crushed.
4. Add in the melted butter and mix well.
5. In the spring form pan press the wafer mixture into the bottom.
6. Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes and set aside.
7. In a small pot over medium heat, combine diced bananas, brown sugar and lemon juice just until the sugar melts.
8. Take the pot off the heat and set aside.
9. In a Kitchen-aid mixer bowl, place together cream cheese, and sugar and blend until well combined.
10. Add in the eggs one at a time and beat well after each addition.
11. Add in liqueur and vanilla and beat well.
12. Pour cream cheese mixture over the crust.
13. Gently spoon tablespoonful of caramelized banana mixture over the cheesecake filling, and swirl in using a knife.
14. Bake the cheesecake in oven for 30 minutes, or until set.
15. In a cold bowl, place cold egg whites, and beat in sugar.
16. Add in cream of tartar and beat until the mixture form soft peaks.
17. Gently spoon the meringue over your hot cheesecake, and brown the meringue at 400 degrees for 10 minutes.
18. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
19. Cut into wedges and serve as desired.
Calories 1298 Calories from Fat 711
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 81 g124.8%
Saturated Fat 42.2 g211%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 377.2 mg125.7%
Sodium 667.1 mg27.8%
Total Carbohydrates 131 g43.5%
Dietary Fiber 4.1 g16.3%
Sugars 113.2 g
Protein 20 g39.1%
Vitamin A 55.2% Vitamin C 33.3%
Calcium 21.7% Iron 10.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet