22 Tablespoon (1 cup for cheesecake+6 tablespoons for meringue)
Cream of tartar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grease a 9 in spring form pan.
3. In a food processor place together wafers and nuts, and process until well crushed.
4. Add in the melted butter and mix well.
5. In the spring form pan press the wafer mixture into the bottom.
6. Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes and set aside.
7. In a small pot over medium heat, combine diced bananas, brown sugar and lemon juice just until the sugar melts.
8. Take the pot off the heat and set aside.
9. In a Kitchen-aid mixer bowl, place together cream cheese, and sugar and blend until well combined.
10. Add in the eggs one at a time and beat well after each addition.
11. Add in liqueur and vanilla and beat well.
12. Pour cream cheese mixture over the crust.
13. Gently spoon tablespoonful of caramelized banana mixture over the cheesecake filling, and swirl in using a knife.
14. Bake the cheesecake in oven for 30 minutes, or until set.
15. In a cold bowl, place cold egg whites, and beat in sugar.
16. Add in cream of tartar and beat until the mixture form soft peaks.
17. Gently spoon the meringue over your hot cheesecake, and brown the meringue at 400 degrees for 10 minutes.
18. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
Make your holidays extra special with a magnificent banana pudding cheesecake that is absolutely magical. Watch this excellent video that shows this marvelous cheesecake with a gorgeous meringue topping. The video is definitely a must watch for a great culinary experience.