Blueberry Cheesecake Glaze
|Graham cracker crumbs||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), melted|
|Soft cream cheese||12 Ounce (Three 4 Ounce Each Packages)|
|Sour cream||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Grated lemon rind||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Currant jelly||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Blueberries||1 Cup (16 tbs), washed|
1) Preheat the oven to 325°F.
2) Combine cracker crumbs with 1/4 cup sugar and blend in butter.
3) Take a buttered spring form pan and press this mixture evenly over the bottom and sides.
4) Chill thoroughly to prepare the crust.
5) In a bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth.
6) Slowly beat in the remaining 1/2 cup sugar until the mix is creamy and smooth.
7) Gradually beat in eggs, one at a time.
8) Continue to add sour cream, heavy cream, rind and vanilla.
9) Pour this batter into the chilled crust.
10) Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour and 10 minutes.
11) Turn off heat and let the cake stand in the oven for 60 minutes.
12) Then, remove from oven and cool completely.
13) With a knife, loosen the cake around the edges of the pan.
14) Slide the cake onto a serving plate.
15) In a saucepan, combine jelly and water.
16) Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently until jelly melts.
17) Take off heat and cool slightly.
18) Spread the fresh blueberries over the cake.
19) Spoon the cooled jelly mixture over blueberries.
20) Chill for 30 minutes or until the glaze sets.
21) Garnish the top and bottom edge of cake with rings of whipped cream and blueberries. Serve cold.
Calories 931 Calories from Fat 564
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 64 g98.4%
Saturated Fat 36.3 g181.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 293 mg97.7%
Sodium 431.2 mg18%
Total Carbohydrates 82 g27.3%
Dietary Fiber 0.95 g3.8%
Sugars 71.4 g
Protein 11 g21.8%
Vitamin A 45.2% Vitamin C 8.3%
Calcium 17% Iron 5.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet