Apple Raisin Cheesecake
|Plain non-fat yogurt||32 Ounce (1 Carton)|
|Fat free apple spice cookies||6 1⁄4 Ounce (1 Box, Health Valley Brand)|
|Honey||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (1/4 Cup + 1/2 Cup)|
|Raisins||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Cinnamon||1 Teaspoon (1/2 Teaspoon + 1/2 Teaspoon)|
1. Pre-heat oven to 325 Degrees Farenheit.
2.To prepare the pie crust begin by crumbling cookies.
3.Wet fingers with water
4. In an 8 inch springform pan, spread cookies evenly using moistened fingers, pressing the crumbs against the bottom of the dish.
5. Refrigerate until required.
6. Peal apple, cut into quarts, and then slice them into thin peices.
7. In a small bowl, add 1/4 cup honey to the sliced apples. Set aside.
8. In a mixing bowl, combine yogurt cheese, 1/2 cup honey, vanilla and arrowroot. Beat the mixture till well blended.
9. In another bowl, whisk the egg whites till it forms soft peaks.
10. Add the egg whites to the yogurt cheese mixutre. Blend well.
11. Remove Pie crust from refrigerator, and pour half the above filling evenly into the pan.
12. Drain the apples from the honey, and layer the filling in the pan with half the quantity of apples.
13. Sprinkle raisins and 1/2 teaspoon cinamon over the apples.
14.Pour the remaining filling on top of the apple layer. Smoothen with spatula.
15. Use the remaining apple slices to arrange on top of the filling, and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon of cinammon.
16. Bake the pie in the oven for 55 mins at 325 Degrees Farenheit, till the top is lightly brown.
17. Allow the pie to cool and refrigerate. Serve chilled
18. Serve for a dinner or lunch with a warm honey drizzle and ice cream.