Marbled Cheesecake Squares
|For cheese mixture|
|Cream cheese||4 Ounce|
|For dark cooking chocolate|
|Dark cooking chocolate||4 Ounce|
|Castor sugar||6 Ounce (3/4 Cup)|
|Plain flour||1⁄2 Ounce (1 Tablespoon)|
|Vanilla essence||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Coarsely chopped walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Almond essence||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1. Take a shallow 9-inch square cake tin and line with grease.
2. Preheat the oven at 350°F.
3. Measure 1 cup chocolate mixture and set aside.
4. To make the cheese mixture, cream butter with cream cheese.
5. Slowly add sugar and keep beating the mixture until fluffy and light.
6. Add egg and beat well. Stir in flour and vanilla. Keep it aside.
7. To make the chocolate mixture, take a bowl and melt chopped chocolate over hot water. Keep stirring at regular intervals. Let it cool.
8. Beat eggs to make thick and light. Also, add sugar and beat well.
9. Mix with sifted flour, baking powder and salt. Then, stir in cooled chocolate mixture, walnuts and almond essence.
10. Take a prepared tin and spread the remaining chocolate mixture.
11. Pour in the cheese mixture and add the reserved chocolate batter on top.
12. Use a knife and swirl to make a marbled pattern.
13. Place in the oven and bake for 40-45 minutes.
14. Remove from the oven and cool in tin. Slice into squares, cover and place in the refrigerator to set.
15. Remove from the refrigerator and serve set.