Royal Cheddar Cheesecake
|Zwieback crumbs||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (About 18 Slices)|
|Grated lemon rind||2 Teaspoon|
|Butter/Margarine||6 Tablespoon, melted (3/4 Stick)|
|Cream cheese||32 Ounce (4 Packages Of 8 Ounce Each])|
|Grated mild cheddar cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs) (For Filling)|
|Cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (For Whipping)|
1) Bake oven extremely hot to 500°
2) In a small bowl mix zwieback crumbs with 3 tablespoons sugar and 1 teaspoon of the grated lemon rind.
3) Mix melted butter or margarine.
4) Spread evenly at the base and up side of a buttered 8-inch spring-form pan.
5) Place pan on a 12-inch-long piece of double-thick foil. Fold the foil up around side to prevent butter from spilling while baking.
6) Chill the mixture while you make the filling.
7) In a large bowl soften cream cheese and gently beat in Cheddar cheese for about 25 minutes.
8) Beat in 1 3/4 cups sugar till creamy-smooth.
9) Beat in the eggs each at a time. Add cream, vanilla, and 1 teaspoon lemon rind.
10) Pour the mixture over prepared crust.
11) Bake in oven for 12 minutes and decreased to low heat at 250°. Bake for 2 hours till firm on top.
12) Place cake in pan on a wire rack and let cool completely. Remove the foil wrapping.
13) Loosen cake around edge with a knife. Carefully lift off side of pan and lift cake on its metal base.
14) Garnish with fresh fruit on top.