Fruit Cheese Cake
|Canned sliced pineapple||15 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Canned sour pitted cherries||14 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Cottage cheese||8 Ounce|
|Cream cheese||8 Ounce|
|Plain flour||1 Ounce (2 Tablespoon)|
|Iced water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vanilla essence||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Grated lemon rind||1 Teaspoon|
|Melted unsalted butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Hot milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Castor sugar||4 Ounce (1/2 Cup)|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) To make the pastry, into a bowl, sift the flour and rub in the butter. Add the beaten egg yolk and just enough cold water to make a dough which is firm.
3) Chill the dough for about 60 minutes and then roll out the pastry to a circle of 10-inches diameter.
4) Onto the bottom of a buttered 9-inch spring form tin, press the pastry. Press it 1-inch up-side of the tin.
5) With greaseproof paper, cover the pastry and sprinkle some dried beans all over.
6) In the preheated oven, blind bake for about 15 minutes, take out the paper and beans and bake for another 10 minutes or till the pastry is light golden brown in color.
7) Keep aside and allow the pastry to cool.
8) To make the filling, drain the cherries and pineapple.
9) Sieve the cottage cheese and beat it with the cream cheese, vanilla, salt, flour, lemon rind and 2 whole eggs.
10) Mix well and add the melted butter. Mix thoroughly again.
11) Add the hot milk and blend well and then fold in the egg whites which have been already whisked stiffly and mixed with the sugar.
12) Over the cooked pastry, arrange the drained fruits and then cover the fruits with the cheese mixture very carefully.
13) In a slow oven, bake for about 60 minutes at 300 degrees. Turn off the oven’s temperature and leave the cake in to cool it.
14) Serve chilled.
Calories 367 Calories from Fat 189
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g33.1%
Saturated Fat 12.2 g60.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 134.7 mg44.9%
Sodium 357.2 mg14.9%
Total Carbohydrates 35 g11.7%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.6%
Sugars 30.4 g
Protein 9 g18.5%
Vitamin A 22.5% Vitamin C 12.1%
Calcium 8.9% Iron 6.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet