Sharp Grapefruit Cheesecake
|Cold water||45 Milliliter (3 Tablespoon)|
|Cream cheese||450 Gram|
|Concentrated unsweetened grapefruit juice||170 Gram, thawed (1 Can)|
|Caster sugar||75 Gram|
|Double cream||300 Milliliter|
|Digestive biscuits||100 Gram|
|Demerara sugar||25 Gram|
1) In a small basin with cold water, put the gelatine. Allow to stand for 5 minutes.
2) In a pan of simmering water, place the gelatine and allow it to dissolve till the gelatine has become clear. Take off the heat and keep aside to cool.
3) Cream the cheese till it has softened and then gradually beat in the grapefruit juice as well as the caster sugar.
4) Add the cooled gelatine and stir well.
5) Whisk the cream till it has thickened but is still not stiff. Fold into the cheesecake mixture.
6) Turn the concoction into a lightly greased 8-inch cake tin. Put in the fridge.
7) Finely crush the biscuits.
8) In a pan, melt the butter. Add the biscuit crumbs and Demerara sugar and stir well. Press the mixture over the cheesecake.
9) Freeze by covering the cake tin with a lid of foil, labelling and freezing.
10) Thaw the frozen cake overnight in the fridge and turn it out. Serve as preferred, with either side up. Garnish with whipped cream, strawberries or raspberries.