|Margarine/Butter||4 Ounce (100 Gram, plus 5 Milliliter or 1 teaspoon to grease tin)|
|Caster sugar||5 Ounce (150 Gram)|
|Eggs||6 Medium, separated|
|Vanilla essence||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Semolina||60 Milliliter, ground|
|Cheese curd||2 Ounce|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
1. Let the oven heat to 350°F (180°C/Gas 4) and grease and line a 20 cm (8 in) round tin.
2. Cream the fat, sugar and egg yolks together until light and fluffy.
3. Put in the vanilla and beat again.
4. Very slowly add the semolina and cheese, beating well after each addition.
5. If the mixture is rather wet, add the extra semolina.
6. Put in the lemon juice, baking powder and raisins and mix well.
7. Beat the egg whites until stiff and fold carefully into the mixture.
8. Into the prepared tin pour and let it bake for 1 1/14 hours until golden.
9. Do not open the oven door during this time.
10. Switch off the oven and leave the cake to finish cooking, about 15-30 minutes, until golden.
11. Remove the cheesecake out of the oven and leave to cool completely in the tin.
12. Turn out on to a serving dish and dust with caster sugar.