|Digestive biscuits||100 Gram, crushed with a rolling pin|
|Softened butter||1 Tablespoon|
|Castor sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Gelatin||4 Teaspoon, dissolved in 5 tablespoon water|
|Cream cheese||350 Gram|
|Lime juice||3 Tablespoon (To Taste)|
|Sugar||50 Gram (To Taste)|
|Cream||1 Cup (16 tbs), lightly whipped|
|Cream||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), stiffly whipped|
|Lime slices||12 (Thin)|
1. In a mixing bowl, mix together the ingredients for the base to resemble coarse cake crumbs.
2. Turn the mixture into a flan ring or tart tin and press lightly with your fingers or the back of a spoon, to cover the base and walls of the ring.
3. Place the flan ring in the refrigerator to allow the base to chill.
4. In a large mixing bowl, combine the softened gelatin, cream cheese, lime juice, sugar and salt. Using a whisk or a plastic spatula beat the mixture vigorously, until the well blended and smooth in consistency.
5. Gently fold in the whipped cream to make the mixture light and fluffy.
6. Taste the filling and add more lime juice or sugar if desired.
7. Place the bowl in a basin filled with ice cubes and gently fold the mixture every 5 minutes so that the gelatin remains well distributed and does not settle to the bottom.
8. When the mixture is semi set, turn into the flan ring and spread evenly using a wet palette knife to get a smooth surface.
9. Place the flan ring in the refrigerator and allow the dessert to set and chill well.
10. Spoon the whipped cream in a piping bag with a fluted nozzle.
11. Just before serving, unmould the cheesecake from the flan ring and place it on a serving platter or pastry stand.
12. Pipe the cream, making 12 rosettes around the edge of the cheesecake.
13. Carefully place a slice of lime on top of each rosette.
14. Serve the cake chilled and slice at the table.
Calories 614 Calories from Fat 253
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g42.7%
Saturated Fat 16.6 g82.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 74.3 mg24.8%
Sodium 417 mg17.4%
Total Carbohydrates 83 g27.5%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.6%
Sugars 40.4 g
Protein 10 g20.5%
Vitamin A 19% Vitamin C 30.9%
Calcium 22.2% Iron 3.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet