Creamy Cheese Cake
|Corn flake/1 1/2 cups packaged corn flake crumbs||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Soft butter/Margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cream cheese||24 Ounce, softened (3 Packages)|
|Sweetened condensed milk||15 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Eggs||4 , separated|
|Sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Confectioners sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla flavoring||1 Teaspoon|
|Orange rind/Lemon rind||1 Teaspoon, grated|
1. Preheat oven to 300°F.
2. Crush corn flakes, if used, as fine crumbs. Mix the crushed corn flakes with sugar and butter well. Keep half of the mixture to be used as topping.
3. Take a 10 inch spring form pan and firmly press rest of the mixture evenly to the bottom of the pan.
4. Take an electric mixer and use to mix milk and cheese. Add egg yolks, one each, increase the mixer speed and beat to a smooth mixture.
5. Decrement the speed, stir in sugar, sour cream, orange rind and vanilla. Beat the egg whites along with salt to a stiff level, but take care to avoid drying. Fold this mixture into cheese mixture.
6. Take a pan, line with crumbs and top with the crumbs mixture kept side. Bake for 1.5 hours or a knife placed comes clean.
7. Keep the door of the oven open and allow to cool completely.
8. If preferred, decorate using sweetened sliced strawberries, slice and serve.
Calories 1194 Calories from Fat 761
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 87 g133.2%
Saturated Fat 50.6 g253.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 391.1 mg130.4%
Sodium 988.6 mg41.2%
Total Carbohydrates 91 g30.4%
Dietary Fiber 1 g4.1%
Sugars 57.9 g
Protein 20 g39.1%
Vitamin A 73.2% Vitamin C 19.6%
Calcium 38.3% Iron 48.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet